The following was sent out in email to players registered for the Spring Break Camp at Centennial HS.
Welcome to the Fundamental Skills Spring Break Basketball Camp sponsored by HC Elite Basketball. We are looking forward to a great week of basketball from an excellent staff of experienced camp counselors.
The camp will run Monday, April 14 -18, 9am – 4pm at Centennial HS.
The address is 4300 Centennial Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21042.
The camp director is Bill Napolitano, Director of Basketball for HC Elite and HCYP and Travel – AAU coach.
The staff is primarily comprised of current and former high school and college players who have played for Coach Bill Nap and regularly work the camps and clinics.
Please arrive by 8:30am on Monday to go through a brief registration and sign in. Activities will end at about 3:50pm each day so players will be ready for pick-up at 4pm. Aftercare will go until 5pm. Campers must be picked up by 5pm. Camp counselors will start arriving at 8am, so early drop off shortly after 8am is available. Call or text the Camp Staff if you are running late or have some other issue that you need to contact us about. Coach Nap’s cell number is 410-258-4189.
Campers should bring the following.
1. Drink bottle. There are water fountains in the hallways outside the gym.
2. A ball for the player to use in certain drills where everyone needs a ball. Clearly mark the players name on the ball.
3. Bring a gym bag or backpack to store your lunch and equipment. If you aren’t using your ball, put it back in your bag. Be sure that your ball is clearly marked. It’s a good idea to store a couple of extra T shirts in your bag in case they are needed.
4. Bring a reversible jersey each day if you have one. It helps when we are splitting players into teams for certain drills. These were available for purchase during registration. If you purchased one during registration, they will be passed out on Monday. They will also be available for purchase during the week for $20.
5. Bring lunch, if not getting pizza. Players should store their lunch and any snacks in their gym bag.
6. Players will get a camp T-shirt during the week.
7. Camp ends at 4pm. Please arrive to pick up your child as close to 4pm as possible. The counselors will be there after 4pm to clean up and get organized for the next day, but don’t make them wait an extended amount of time each day. If you think there is any chance that you may be late any day, get the cell number of a couple of the counselors on Monday so you can call or text them. The aftercare program will go until 5pm. Please let us know if you intend to use the aftercare.
8. Money for pizza if they have not paid. We prefer collecting all of the pizza money at the beginning of the week if you haven’t already paid thru registration. Otherwise, if you haven’t paid for pizza and you want to order it on a given day, pay $5 when you sign in that morning so we know to order extra pizza that day.
9. Snacks and drinks for sale. There are water fountains and vending machines in the hallway outside the gym. We may also sell snacks and drinks in the afternoons.
10. If the weather is nice, we may go outside for 30 – 45 minutes at day. If your child has basketball shoes that he only wants to wear indoors, he should bring a second pair for outside. He/She can store the 2nd pair of shoes in his bag in case they are needed.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Coach Bill Nap